Rainbow Research Optics, Inc. (RROI), a privately-owned custom and precision optics manufacturing company, has an immediate opening for one (1) Quality Assurance Manager at its facility located in Centennial, Colorado. RROI has been providing high quality custom optics to the defense, medical, commercial, and laser markets for over 20 years.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining the quality of our product, complying with ISO and ITAR standards and identifying processes that can enhance the department.
As a Quality Assurance Manager you will report directly to the Operations Manager. Supervision of the Quality Assurance department is expected. This position must comply with all RROI, ITAR/ISO requirements. This job description may not contain a comprehensive outline of all duties, activities or responsibilities that may be required.
- Overall Quality Assurance Team management. Some examples would be strategic management and team goal setting.
- Responsible for all Quality Systems and Quality Management for all Customer Accounts
- Understand and be capable of filling the Quality Engineer/Packing Supervisor’s and Quality Supervisor’s roles.
- Is escalation path for the Quality Engineer/Packing Supervisor and Quality Supervisor and the secondary escalation path for the QA and Packing Teams.
- Is the primary communicator for the Quality Team and the secondary communicator for the Packing Team.
- Is the point person for AS9102/FAI report packages and FAI related tasks such as inspection reports and other documentation.
- Is responsible for Laser Damage Testing and other outsourced test requests.
- Performs ISO, internal and customer audits/surveillance and source inspections and is the primary individual for planning such inspections and audits.
- Can perform all Quality Team related Inspections and Packing tasks when capacity dictates the need.
- Be able to perform Inspection of DP/Optic Parts when capacity dictates the need.
- Responsible for maintaining the correct flow and speed of productions within the department.
- Reports as necessary to Operations manager any problems, concerns, etc. within the department.
- Makes the final decision on RMA and in process discrepant material as per whether to perform rework, a remake or use it as is.
- Is responsible for incoming and outsourcing parts inspection and makes the final decision for after process.
- Oversees the Corrective and Preventative Action process.
- Oversees the Calibration Program
- Interacts with Operations manager regarding order statuses, production times etc.
- Responsible for maintaining proper safety and training requirements within department.
- Orders materials and supplies that are needed within department.
- Maintains proper disposal and waste management within department.
- Monitor the federal laws, rules and regulations that pertain to export controls (specifically ITAR and EAR requirements) and develop or revise, as needed, RROI policies and procedures, as well as the education and communication tools necessary to ensure compliance
- Approve internal forms, maintain databases and files, and prepare and submit internal and external reports
- Can prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has good computer skills and uses MS Office and PDF editors as a proficient level.
- Has the ability to work well with others and contribute to teamwork.
- Has the ability to problem solve.
- Has precision in their work and has an attention to detail
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent from college or technical school; or 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires On-the-Job training of specific operation of machinery and/or processes. Experience in Optics Manufacturing a plus.
The incumbent works in a manufacturing plant producing precision, high-grade, optical devices. As such, the incumbent may be exposed to chemicals used to fabricate products, as well as dust from fabrication and grinding processes. Some physical strains, such as long periods of standing and walking, as well as periodic stooping, climbing, crouching, and reaching may be required. The incumbent must be able to lift moderately heavy items (0-50 pounds), such as test equipment kits, product cases, and materials and supplies. The incumbent is required to comply with all company safety policies and procedures. Some physical strains, such as working in front of a computer for extended periods and lifting of moderately heavy items such as optical shipments. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching.
- Incumbent must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Ability to understand and follow ISO and ITAR requirements
- Must successfully complete and pass a background check
- Must pass drug screening
- Health (Medical, Dental and Vision) Insurance (1st of the month after 60 days of employment)
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance
- Sick Time
- Birthday Off
Salary: Negotiable contingent upon experience