Rainbow Research Optics, Inc. (RROI), a privately-owned custom and precision optics manufacturing company, has an immediate opening for one (1) Technical Sales Engineer at its facility located in Centennial, Colorado. RROI has been providing high quality custom optics to the defense, medical, commercial, and laser markets for over 20 years.
****(LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)***
**** Relocation expenses are not authorized****
Technical Sales Engineers are the primary customer facing employees for the company. The position requires some travel. Additionally, this position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations, therefore all employees working in this capacity must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident. Candidate must have the ability to work off-hours as needed to meet business and customer requirements.
- Identify ITAR controlled documents, and handle per DDTC Regulations and RROI policy.
- Consistent Development of Optics Manufacturing and Coating Capabilities knowledge. The incumbent is:
- Expected to know how to read and interpret a technical drawing
- Expected to know typical optical specifications and tolerance meanings within the first 90 days of employment. (Ex: Surface Irregularity, Dimensional Tolerancing, Scratch-Dig, Wedge, etc.)
- Expected to know typical coating specifications and substrate materials used for the most frequently specified wavelength ranges within the first 5 months of employment.
- Respond to Request For Quotes and Customer Information Requests
- Request material quotes from vendors
- Review all quotations and subsequent purchase orders with Supervisor, as required
- Timely and appropriately respond to all customer questions and inquiries.
- Project Management
- Manage all aspects of quotes, purchase orders, RMAs, jobs, and production/delivery status for all assigned customers. Examples include: Responding to RFQs, Quote Follow-up, Material Order Status, Material Delivery, Document Management, Status requests from customers, Delivery due date tracking and modifications, RMA and warranty repair status, etc.
- Follow up and communicate with existing customers and leads regularly
- Submit Sales Reports
- Ability to attend trade shows domestically and internationally
- Trip or Trade Show Plan and follow up
- Conduct customer site visits domestically and internationally, as required
- Interact with management and production regarding order status, production times, etc.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and the use of Microsoft Windows.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute.
- Must be able to make and take phone calls to/from customers
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or other technical discipline or equivalent Optics Sales Experience.
- One (1) year experience in technical sales. Experience in Precision Optic sales or manufacturing is preferred
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and may have to obtain a Passport.
- Competitive benefits available:
- Health Insurance (1st of the month after 60 days of employment)
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of employment
- Sick Time
- Incentive pay conditional
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully completing a background check and drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable contingent upon experience
Please visit our web-site and factory tour for further information:
RROI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.